Last Updated on
The Vermont Secretary of State
- Sole Proprietorship (Trade Name)
- Partnership (Trade Name)
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Limited Companies
How to do a Vermont Business Entity Search
The online registered business search tool facilitated by the Vermont Secretary of State lets you find entities and corporations that are registered with the state.
Here we have described the step-by-step procedures of how to search for a business entity in the database. While most people starting an LLC will search by name, we have included the other methods to search.
Search by Vermont LLC Name
Available information includes;
- Business Name
- Business Type (Corporation, Limited Liability Company, etc)
- LLC Subtype (Member-Managed, Manager Managed)
- Date of Formation
- NAICS Code
- Business Description
- Business Address
- Business ID
- Business Status (Active is Good Standing, Inactive is Not in Good Standing with the state)
- Name and address of the principals
- Registered Agent information
In addition, you can review filed documents such as the Articles of Incorporation (Corporation), Articles of Organization (LLC), Trade Name and Annual Report.
Search by Business ID
Not used as often, if you have the business identification number assigned by the Secretary of State you can search with it.
Search by Filing Number
If you have the entity filing number provided by the Secretary of State you can search by that number as well.
Secretary of State Contact Information
28 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05633-1104